We are excited to announce that we have expanded our training locations to include Terrell and Mabank, and we are excited to start producing videos to highlight the heroes in these communities.
Our trial run of video productions and our collaborator training program have been a huge hit, both with our collaborators and with our viewers. At our inaugural LIFT awards ceremony, 18-year-old Jhovanny Sanjuan from Kaufman won our ‘Collaborator’ award and a $250 cash prize for best contributions including a number of videos he helped produce. 18-year-old Gator Moore took home the prize for ‘most viewed’ video with his Jefferson Street Boxing Club submission.
And now, we are looking forward to our next LIFT awards event, and all the incredible contributions we will receive. To be eligible for our LIFT awards and prizes, contestants completed our collaborator training and submitted their finished video for release through LookUp both here, and on our Facebook page. We are thankful for everyone who participated in our pilot training program and made our productions possible, and we can’t wait to do it all over again; starting now!
We are calling this next phase ‘Season 01,’ and will now be hosting our training in Kaufman, Terrell, and Mabank. Training consists of four classes, each with practical assignments.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 16-25 years old and living in Kaufman County
- Be able to make it to one of our training locations (Mabank, Terrell, and Kaufman),
- Have access to a working smartphone (iPhone 5/Galaxy S3 or newer recommended)
- Have at least 1 hour a week on Friday or Saturday for training and 1 hour per week at your discretion for work assignments.
- Have something positive to share or a hero story to tell.
Don’t procrastinate, submit your application now! Training times and location details will be shared with accepted applicants.